|01. Name of Project
||Formation of Student Brigades for Water Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion.
|02. District Operation
|03. Zonal Divisions
||In all the six Zonal Education Divisions in
|05. Implementing partner
||GAFSO (Group Action for Social Order.)
|06. Funded by, name of Client and Address
|07. Period/Date Commenced/Completed
|08. Number of beneficiaries
||420 students directly and teachers and school communities of 35 schools indirectly
|09. Number of Officers engaged
- Inculcate the principles of water sanitation and good hygiene practices.
- Impart a knowledge of the diseases caused by drinking impure water and bad hygiene practices
- Form 105 Student Brigades in 35 schools in the six Educational Zonal Divisions in Ampara district. for the students to learn good hygiene practices through learning by doing method.
- Help members of the Student Brigades to study the non- hygienic practices prevailing in the community in which they and help in remedying them with guidance of the teachers.
- With the help of the pilot teacher help other students too learn good hygiene practices.
- Involve parents in improving water sanitation and hygiene practices.